Sunday, November 2, 2008
The Shakes!
Well I was lucky enough to get to play my bass with a great band for 3 gigs. THE SHAKES!(Matt Kirk, Bobby Kirk, Jason "Shakes" West and Matt Kain) with help from Tom Devine and of course Momma Kirk. They both rule. I had a good time even though I was streesed about fucking it up for everyone involved. I had my moments of add staring off into the distance or at something "shiny". But overall I guess I'm ok with how it came out. I am ignorant of scales and progressions of any kind and this is where I screwed up. Beasuse of this I have vowed to finally learn this crap. You know theory and all that stuff. hoo hoo hay haw! My friend Ross, who I am glad to call my friend, will be moving to L.A. in about a year and I'm seriously thinking about going with and going to B.I.T. This is a school for bass guitar and nothing but bass guitar. Although you can choose another instrument to learn including voice or live or studio recording and the business aspect of music. Not sure what I would choose although the little bit of recording I've done I really get into so right now that's top on the list. Taking something and making it and shaping it to sound as good as it can get. You just get lost in it. Great. Thank you to The Shakes. Good day! I said good day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment